Eastern Idaho Water Right Coalition (EIWRC) Members:
Report on 2018 activities
Your Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition is completing a busy year with significant activities to support and build on your water right interests.
- Co-sponsored a well-attended symposium to discuss options for cities and developers to obtain water rights necessary for growth.
- Participated in Idaho Water User Association legislative, annual, and water law meetings.
- Attended and participated in meetings of the IDWR Aquifer Modeling Committee.
- Updated and prioritized Coalition priorities and website.
- Held “Water 101 for New Legislators” to give basic training on water issues.
- Presented at the Eastern Idaho Legislative Forum on important current water issues.
- Participated in meetings of the Association of Idaho Cities regarding water.
- Attended and reported on meetings of the Family Farm Alliance and National Water Rights Association dealing with important water issues.
- Monitored and updated members on critical water issues.
- Worked on plans for cities and others to utilize un-used irrigation water for recharge.
Your support of the Coalition is vital to maintaining the position we have established of representing Eastern Idaho Water Right needs. We thank you for your past support and ask that you continue to be actively involved with the Coalition and let us know your needs.
Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition