Idaho Water News
Stay informed with Idaho's latest water legislation, reservoir contents, major issues involving water rights, and more.
Stay current with all of the latest water news articles.
Strategic Priorities for 2023
- Conduct water education for legislators regarding SWC / IGWA agreement and ESPA Groundwater Management Area plans
- Monitor and participate in the ESPA Groundwater Management Area process
- Continue to fund an expert to participate on the ESPA Aquifer Modeling Committee
- Help non-city municipal water providers find a better path to be a part of the SWC agreement and ESPA GMA
- Update and utilize the Coalition’s website
EIWRC Mission Statement
The Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition understands the vital importance of water to Eastern Idaho's economy now and in the future. The coalition provides a strong and unified voice to protect water rights critical for economic growth in Eastern Idaho and promotes discussion and ideas that will best enhance the utilization of water for future economic development.
Contact the EIWRC
The Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition was formed and registered in 2007 in the State of Idaho as non-profit, tax-exempt corporation. A similar designation under Section 501©(3) of the IRS code is pending. A letter verifying the tax-exempt status of the EIWRC can be obtained by contacting us at: Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition, c/o Keith Esplin, 593 East 5th South, Rexburg, ID 83440. Financial summary information for the Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition is contained in its annual report.