Idaho Water News
Stay informed with Idaho's latest water legislation, reservoir contents, major issues involving water rights, and more.
Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition 2024 Goals
- Participate actively in water legislation development and related political actions.
- Conduct water education for legislators including ESPA GMA plans and a Legislative Water College Tour in Eastern Idaho.
- Monitor and participate in the ESPA Groundwater Management Area process.
- Continue to fund an expert to participate on the ESPA Aquifer Modeling Committee, but with abbreviated reports.
- Help non-city municipal water providers find a better path to be a part of the SWC agreement and ESPA GMA.
Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition Members:
The Idaho Water Users Association (IWUA) has received authorization from the New York Times to use links to five feature articles dealing with groundwater use and regulation across the United States. The links will be available through the end of the month. A Times reporter has spent a lot of time studying these issues and will be addressing the IWUA Annual Meeting in Boise along with groundwater experts from several states.
We highly recommend you read these articles, which include a lot of excellent photography and graphics. The second article includes a discussion of the groundwater impacts of Idaho’s huge dairy industry. Feel free to reply with any comments and we will post them below the articles.
Thanks, Keith Esplin
Stay current with all of the latest water news articles.
Strategic Priorities for 2023
- Conduct water education for legislators regarding SWC / IGWA agreement and ESPA Groundwater Management Area plans
- Monitor and participate in the ESPA Groundwater Management Area process
- Continue to fund an expert to participate on the ESPA Aquifer Modeling Committee
- Help non-city municipal water providers find a better path to be a part of the SWC agreement and ESPA GMA
- Update and utilize the Coalition’s website
EIWRC Mission Statement
The Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition understands the vital importance of water to Eastern Idaho's economy now and in the future. The coalition provides a strong and unified voice to protect water rights critical for economic growth in Eastern Idaho and promotes discussion and ideas that will best enhance the utilization of water for future economic development.
Contact the EIWRC
The Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition was formed and registered in 2007 in the State of Idaho as non-profit, tax-exempt corporation. A similar designation under Section 501©(3) of the IRS code is pending. A letter verifying the tax-exempt status of the EIWRC can be obtained by contacting us at: Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition, c/o Keith Esplin, 593 East 5th South, Rexburg, ID 83440. Financial summary information for the Eastern Idaho Water Rights Coalition is contained in its annual report.